Reagan and I went to Webster's Pond last weekend (it's this enormous "bird" pond on Valley Drive in the 'Cuse). We needed some fresh air and a change of scenery. Let me preface this next part by saying that since we moved here, I've been telling James about this pond and how great it is...that we really need to go to see all the birds and that it is SUCH a family place, etc..you get the picture. Well, James was working, so I decided that it would be fun for Reagan and off we went.
I got Reagan out of the car and into the "big girl stroller" and proceeded to the pond...there were ducks, geese, swans and other birds everywhere. Feathers just a-flying. And then...a goose starts to follow us...it's slower than we are, but none-the-less, it starts honking at us and following us over to the benches. At this point, I'm freaking out. So...I got Reagan out of the stroller and put the stroller between me and the bird...it sort of stood there looking at me, but passed by after a few minutes. You can tell Reagan is so impressed by the first picture. It was then headed to the little guy at the bench next to us that had food (see below).
All in all, it was an interesting experience, though I don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon. Birds are rather dirty animals and scary, too!
(PS - our little stalking goose is the one headed for the little kid!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.