Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's Pumpkin Pickin' Time!


Sunday, October 4th we took Reagan pumpkin picking. This has kind of been a long standing tradition that the Wright family started long before I came into the picture. I can remember thinking that it was way over rated the first year that I went with James and his family in 2003...and since then it has become a much loved tradition in our own family. But I digress...

A couple of weekends ago we went apple picking with another couple and their two girls and saw some signs along the way for pumpkins. Since at that time we weren't ready for both apples AND pumpkins, we thought we'd wait a week or two and then go back for our pumpkins. Well, we woke Reagan up from her nap at 2:30 (note to self...it's not worth it to wake a sleeping baby for anything) and hopped in the car to go discover the pumpkin patch. Now, would you know that we drove for probably the better part of an hour with Miss. Crankypants without finding an actual pumpkin patch! Seems everyone in these parts likes their pumpkins picked FOR them. We did end up finding a nice little patch somewhere around here (still not quite sure where we were) and got some fabulous pumpkins. Hoping that Reagan's is big enough for her to get in it once carved...pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.